Portrait Photography Pricing & Info
How much do you charge?
The prices below apply to all photography sessions except wedding and newborn photography. If you are interested in booking an engagement session, make sure to also follow the link to view Package 3 under my Wedding Photography Pricing section (which includes engagement photography in the wedding package).
All photo sessions are done at the location of your choice. An additional travel charge may apply for locations outside of Jacksonville and the surrounding area.
30 Minute Session: $150
Because of the limited time available in a 30 minute session, this session is only available for parties of 5 or less.
1 Hour Session: $200
My most popular session!
2 Hour Session: $300
Great for large groups, lots of outfit changes, or multiple photo locations.
What should I know before I book my session?
1. Are photos included in the cost of the session?
I want to give you the flexibility to be able to create the photo package that best suits your needs. To accomplish this, I do not include photos in the initial cost of the session. The images from your session are available to purchase at a rate of $10 per edited, high resolution digital image.
If the numbers start to add up, you can also ask for my All Inclusive Package, which includes all of the "keeper" photos from the session delivered as edited, high resolution digital images for $375. If you go with this package, you'll receive at least 60 images from your session, with blurry photos, repetitive photos, test shots, and photos with blinking/awkward faces taken out. ***This option is not available for 30 minute sessions.
2. How much are the photos edited?
All photos are retouched to ensure correct brightness, contrast, and color, and may be cropped or straightened. As needed, I also get rid of any distracting details in the background of the photos, and clear up blemishes, specks or stains on clothes, stray hairs, baby drool, etc.
3. How are my photos chosen and delivered?
After your session, I will upload a selection of images from your session to an online gallery, where you can pick out the images that you want to purchase through an online ordering system. From there, I send you an invoice for the photos you've purchased, and get to work on editing the images you've ordered. Then, I upload the finished, edited, high resolution JPG images to the same online gallery, where you can download the photos, share them with friends and family, and print them from any print vendor of your choice! A print release is included with all photos, so you do not have to pay a higher cost to order your prints through me.
4. How do I book my session?
- Step 1: Contact me as soon as possible to start discussing everything you want out of your session so we can make it happen! You can reach me by sending me a message on my Contact page, or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 2: When you decide that you are ready to book a session, I will send you a contract online and an electronic invoice for the cost of the session.
- Step 3: Once you have filled out and returned my contract and paid your invoice, your session will be booked!
5. Do you have recommendations for the best locations in and around Jacksonville to have photos taken?
6. What should I wear to my photo session?
That's a great question! What you wear can really have an effect on the tone of your session. You can view a whole blog post I wrote on what you should keep in mind when planning what to wear for your photo session here.